Wednesday, November 03, 2004

cold cold nights

So if the temperature slowly starting to decline and the northeast winds picking up and howling in our ears as a "breeze" isnt enough, we also had a mugging in the courtyard of the building we live in. It wasn't a mugging as much as it was a violent attack against two men. Six guys attacked and "mangled" two guys from the Opera House apartment complex. That was the final straw, if you will, in our safety being compromised here in the neighborhood and in particular this building. The neighborhood is pretty bad. I will admit that. BUT I don't think that is why we are getting attacked/robbed. The main and most apparent reason is that "they" don't want us here infiltrating their "hood" and turning it into what Williamsburg has now become. Well that's understandable, although not really, but I for one am not going to be part of the folks who feel "its bound to happen, we just have to live it out. It's Brooklyn, it's heavy out here." I'm moving my ass to higher ground. In this case that's Williamsburg or Manhattan. Syracuse is slated to get some rain/snow THIS Friday. That's crazy it's starts so early. For those of you who are not aware, as Paul is, my cousin who is also named Freddie resides there. He is a southern California native and this is his first winter. To him I say "God speed, God speed indeed you black emperor."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cold? naw man this aint nothin. cold will be upon us in approx 2 months my friend. i can easily handle a little southeast wind...wind chill 27...thats toasty baby.

hey u be safe fool. dont make me come down there.
damn maybe i will...check out my blog.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home