Saturday, January 08, 2005

Ive heard from the ghost

Cold, rainy Saturday afternoon here in "Gotham" and i'm watching the New York Jets battle the San Diego Chargers in a first round Playoff game. It comes down to one last play for the Chargers to tie it and delay the fate of their season another 12 minutes. They fail. But wait...there's a penalty...and yes, it's on the Jets. First Down on the 1 yard line for the Chargers! They score on their first play out. I go crazy (as i'm routing for San Diego for some strange reason) and I txt message, via my instant messenger, David Ray Owens saying "fucken Chargers!!!" He calls me! Which does two things to me: startles me, and then removes the thought of him being dead from my mind. I answer the phone and he's going nuts and is so excited he can barely carry on a conversation with yours truly. I tell him to call me after the game...he won't. At least he is alive and well though. So to the "fellas" who read my blog. DAVID RAY OWENS IS STILL ALIVE AND WELL...well i'm not sure about the latter. Well let's see what happens with the rest of the game. Next blog will be the final score.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to hear david ray is all right. if he's alive, i'm thinking he's all right. i don't know if you're going to post again, but too bad for the chargers. im kind of glad they missed it. no wait. i don't think i care. but it was a good game.

-JFG

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home